Announcements
If you haven't been able to get your JobKeeper enrolment in, no need to worry. You can call us until 5 June and we can help you get it submitted.

ATO Community

Re: MYGOVID

Highlighted

Views 99

Replies 1

MYGOVID is a cruel joke and trying to set up and use it is like running in a dream. I cannot believe that this has been foisted on small business when just staying afloat is a challenge. Quite clearly it has been devised by someone in Human Services who is confined to a bubble, thinks clutching a Smart Phone is the only link to existance and has never battled in the real world.

My questions are as follows:

1. We only have one suitable device in our business AND I do not belive I should be bullied into buying another. If I set up a MYGOV ID on my smart phone and then decide that it will not be me accessing the app, can my wife/business partner set one up on my phone using a different email address?
  2. Is it possible to deal directly with the fund and lodge our employee super payments manually because, with the Covid-19 issue at present and our battles with the app, we do not want to be in a position not to have made payments?
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted

Best answer

ATO Certified

Replies 0

Hi @Peter-A,

The reason a smart device was chosen is because myGovID uses the security and identification features in your smart device, such as password, fingerprint or face verification. This protects your identity and helps stop other people accessing your information.

1. The only way to use multiple myGovIDs on the same device would be to delete the app and verify identity documents again with the same email address each time you change myGovIDs. So, that may not be very practical for your purposes

2. We have some information on our website about where to pay your super contributions. You can pay them directly to the funds

If you’re not able to transition to myGovID straight away while we add new functionalities and resolve errors we have some others ways that you can meet your tax obligations. These include:

• phone lodgment (only applicable for businesses with a turnover less than $20million)
  • paper lodgment (only applicable for businesses with a turnover less than $20 million)
  • a registered Australian tax agent
  • cloud-based Standard Business Reporting (SBR) enabled software.

Thanks, NateH

1 REPLY 1
Highlighted

Best answer

ATO Certified

Replies 0

Hi @Peter-A,

The reason a smart device was chosen is because myGovID uses the security and identification features in your smart device, such as password, fingerprint or face verification. This protects your identity and helps stop other people accessing your information.

1. The only way to use multiple myGovIDs on the same device would be to delete the app and verify identity documents again with the same email address each time you change myGovIDs. So, that may not be very practical for your purposes

2. We have some information on our website about where to pay your super contributions. You can pay them directly to the funds

If you’re not able to transition to myGovID straight away while we add new functionalities and resolve errors we have some others ways that you can meet your tax obligations. These include:

• phone lodgment (only applicable for businesses with a turnover less than $20million)
  • paper lodgment (only applicable for businesses with a turnover less than $20 million)
  • a registered Australian tax agent
  • cloud-based Standard Business Reporting (SBR) enabled software.

Thanks, NateH