Announcements
We’re doing scheduled maintenance on ATO Community to bring you a bigger, better and brighter online community.
You may see us go into read-only mode over the weekend while we do this. Don’t worry! You’ll still be able to search the site to find your answers.

ATO Community

Maintaining JobKeeper if additional part-time work is found

I'm new

Views 643

Replies 2

Hello,

I am currently receiving JobKeeper from a long term casual position. I have found a new part-time position. Am I able to still able to receive JobKeeper if I take up this additional position?

Many thanks Smiley Happy

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Most helpful response

Devotee

Replies 0

You can only keep receiving JK from the first job, if the second (new) job is casual. You can find more info about this on the ATO website

2 REPLIES 2

Most helpful response

Devotee

Replies 0

You can only keep receiving JK from the first job, if the second (new) job is casual. You can find more info about this on the ATO website

Former Community Support

Replies 0

Hi @KateQuestion ,

As @KatieAcacia has pointed out, your ability to continue receiving JobKeeper will depend on whether your new job is considered to be permanent or not and you can see that explained in the Eligible Employees section of our JobKeeper pages where it state as long term casual you cannot be “a permanent employee of any other employer”.

It also depends on other conditions that you will find in the JobKeeper- Nominations and eligible employees – more than one employer section of our ‘frequently asked questions’ pages. As you will see it specifically states that “You can earn additional income without your eligibility being affected as long as you maintain your employment (including while being stood down) with your JobKeeper-eligible employer”. This mean that if for any reason you were to leave the current casual position that pays you JobKeeper, this would make you immediately ineligible.

AlBar