Announcements
We’re doing scheduled maintenance on ATO Community to bring you a bigger, better and brighter online community.
You may see us go into read-only mode over the weekend while we do this. Don’t worry! You’ll still be able to search the site to find your answers.

ATO Community

Maternity leave back pay

I'm new

Views 585

Replies 1

I am a permanent full time employee at a Catholic school. I am on unpaid maternity leave. Initially I was told I’m not eligible for JobKeeper but I disputed. After speaking with HR they agreed I was eligible last week but are saying I won’t receive back pay. Could anyone provide further information regarding this please? Unsure if I should dispute the backpay aspect? Thank you.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Most helpful response

Former Community Support

Replies 0

Hi @TamWilson ,

As per paying your eligible employees , under the section, payment of employees need to take place before the employer can claim Jobkeeper payment. In terms of payment of fortnights, soime of the cut-off dates for paying Jobkeeper to employees have already passed, the next date is 24th May for Fortnight 4 (FN4) - 11th - 24th May.

You are welcome to contact the Fair Work Commission to resolve workplace issues , which has a contact no on this linked webpage. You could ask the question regarding back pay, but it is our understanding the dates for payment to employees (other than monthly pay periods) are fixed.

Hope this helps,

1 REPLY 1

Most helpful response

Former Community Support

Replies 0

Hi @TamWilson ,

As per paying your eligible employees , under the section, payment of employees need to take place before the employer can claim Jobkeeper payment. In terms of payment of fortnights, soime of the cut-off dates for paying Jobkeeper to employees have already passed, the next date is 24th May for Fortnight 4 (FN4) - 11th - 24th May.

You are welcome to contact the Fair Work Commission to resolve workplace issues , which has a contact no on this linked webpage. You could ask the question regarding back pay, but it is our understanding the dates for payment to employees (other than monthly pay periods) are fixed.

Hope this helps,