Announcements
Halloween costumes are spooky but your tax return doesn't have to be. Don't forget to lodge this weekend!

ATO Community

Maternity leave eligibility

Views 222

Replies 1

I am currently on paid parental leave until the end of this month. My employer is paying my parental leave. Have heard some mixed responses about being eligible for the job keeper.
I am not ready to return to work but could I receive the payments?
When I gave my maternity leave notice, I had to put in writing how long I would take off and to be safe I said 12 months (knowing I might go back earlier). Does this affect the job keeper payment?

Thank you!
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted

Most helpful response

Community Support

Replies 0

Hi @monique90 

Thanks for your question.

Employees are entitled to receive the JobKeeper Payment while being on paid or unpaid leave (such as annual leave or maternity leave) as long as they:

The JobKeeper Payment is a wage subsidy for the employer so if an employee is receiving a leave payment, the $1,500 will subsidise part or all of this amount – it's not an additional amount.

Hope this helps.

1 REPLY 1
Highlighted

Most helpful response

Community Support

Replies 0

Hi @monique90 

Thanks for your question.

Employees are entitled to receive the JobKeeper Payment while being on paid or unpaid leave (such as annual leave or maternity leave) as long as they:

The JobKeeper Payment is a wage subsidy for the employer so if an employee is receiving a leave payment, the $1,500 will subsidise part or all of this amount – it's not an additional amount.

Hope this helps.