Announcements
We’re doing scheduled maintenance on ATO Community to bring you a bigger, better and brighter online community.
You may see us go into read-only mode over the weekend while we do this. Don’t worry! You’ll still be able to search the site to find your answers.

ATO Community

Monthly Declaration

Views 439

Replies 1

Hi,
My manager stated their eligible for Jobkeeper and have only passed on $3000 for May and have stopped paying me since then. They keep stating they only get the government grant on a month to month basis and they haven’t been getting it since May. Is this true? I thought once they satisfied 30% reduction the first time, they’re in for the next six months?
Are they purposely excluding me from the scheme as I am on unpaid maternity leave since Nov 2018. (Nomination form was signed)
Can the previous amounts be backpaid?
How do I rectify the problem? Fairwork?
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Most helpful response

ATO Community Support

Replies 0

Hi @juicyfruit,

Thanks for getting in touch with us!

How payment is made

The JobKeeper payment is paid to your employer. You will continue to receive salary or wages from your employer and we will reimburse your employer after they have paid you.

If you are an eligible employee and your employer is claiming the JobKeeper payment to subsidise your salary or wages, you will receive a minimum of $1,500 (before tax) per fortnight.

You are correct in that to qualify for the JobKeeper the employer only need to satisfy this requirement once – they don't need to retest their turnover each month.

We cannot comment or would not know if your employer is excluding you purposely. You can however consult with Fair Work in regards to any concerns you may have about your rights as an employee and confirm if your employer are doing the right thing.

If you have knowledge that your employer is claiming the job keeper and not passing it on to their employees you can report them to the ATO via Report fraud, phoenix, tax evasion, black economy activity, or unpaid super.

I hop this helps.

1 REPLY 1

Most helpful response

ATO Community Support

Replies 0

Hi @juicyfruit,

Thanks for getting in touch with us!

How payment is made

The JobKeeper payment is paid to your employer. You will continue to receive salary or wages from your employer and we will reimburse your employer after they have paid you.

If you are an eligible employee and your employer is claiming the JobKeeper payment to subsidise your salary or wages, you will receive a minimum of $1,500 (before tax) per fortnight.

You are correct in that to qualify for the JobKeeper the employer only need to satisfy this requirement once – they don't need to retest their turnover each month.

We cannot comment or would not know if your employer is excluding you purposely. You can however consult with Fair Work in regards to any concerns you may have about your rights as an employee and confirm if your employer are doing the right thing.

If you have knowledge that your employer is claiming the job keeper and not passing it on to their employees you can report them to the ATO via Report fraud, phoenix, tax evasion, black economy activity, or unpaid super.

I hop this helps.