Announcements
Looking for answers? Search our popular topics or ask a new question.

ATO Community

Moved between jobs during Jobkeeper scheme - please help

Highlighted

Views 447

Replies 2

Hi everyone, 

I have recently resigned from my full time job on 27th April - the company has applied for the Jobkeeper but do I have the rights to decline and click 'no' on the form even though I was employed there from 30th March? 

They are pressuring me to nominate them from 30th March to 1st May and then nominate my new company (where I have been a long-term casual for years) from 4th May until the end of the scheme. Is this allowed? Can I switch nominated companies during the scheme? 

I'd like to keep this simple and just nominate my new company for all periods instead of one company from 30/03 to 01/05 and then another company from 4th May onwards. Please help!! What are my rights here as an employee? 

THANK YOU SO MUCH! 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted

Most helpful response

Replies 0

Awesome Smiley Happy Thanks so much for the reply - that was my understanding too but my old company's accountant confused me when she said i can claim from different companies over different periods (which is not correct). 

2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted

Initiate

Replies 1

Hi,

The ATO states:

If you decide to participate in the JobKeeper Payment scheme, you must nominate all your eligible employees. You cannot choose to nominate only some employees. However, individual eligible employees can choose not to participate.

If your employees have multiple employers, they can usually choose which employer they want to nominate through. However, if your employees are long-term casuals and have other permanent employment, they must choose the permanent employer and cannot nominate you. They cannot receive the JobKeeper payment from more than one employer.

You can choose to participate in the scheme. So say on 27th April, your resignation date, that you do not want to participate in the scheme, you do not have to.

Then while you are only employed by one employer (tommorrow), you can participate in the scheme.

From what I have read, you cannot add employees to the scheme later on, only amend or remove them from the scheme.

Highlighted

Most helpful response

Replies 0

Awesome Smiley Happy Thanks so much for the reply - that was my understanding too but my old company's accountant confused me when she said i can claim from different companies over different periods (which is not correct).