Announcements
Have a question about JobKeeper? Things are a little different this month so we’ve put together a summary of what businesses need to know.

ATO Community

Multiple Employers - Jobkeeper

Views 628

Replies 3

Hi,

Prior to the pandemic outbreak, I was employed by two employers from two separate jobs, working full-time (salary) and casual basis respectively. 

I have been stood down from the casual job as a result of the pandemic, while my full-time job has NOT been impacted. 

I am just enquiring given I am eligible to receive Jobkeeper from my causal job and have stopped receiving my normal secondary source of income from it due to the pandemic BUT my primary income has not been affected - am I still eligible to receive Jobkeeper from the casual employer if my primary job has not been affected? The Jobkeeper eligibility criteria don't seem to have clarification about my situation specifically.  

Thank you,

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Most helpful response

ATO Certified Response

Community Support

Replies 0

Good afternoon @anonymous1 and @Nipham30 

Thank you for contacting ATO Community.

Based on the JobKeeper payment information on our website, in your situation employed as a full time and long-term casual, you can’t be nominated by your casual employer, you must choose your permanent employer if they are eligible and have nominated to participate. If you’re permanent employer isn’t eligible to claim the payment, you won’t be eligible either.

Here is some information on additional support from servicesaustralia.gov.au or early access to super.

Thanks,

AngelaG

3 REPLIES 3

Replies 1

Hi
Same with me. I’m still working at my full-time job and have already nominated from my long term casual. Now my full-time employers ask me to do the job keeper with him while i still working and have no affect income loss from his business. I have call ATO twice and confirmed whether what should i do in this situation because it’s seen unfair for me if I get jobkeeper from the job that I haven’t been affected. They said that i can apply from my long term casual and get paid normal at my full-time while i still ongoing . I have tell my full-time employer and that keep said to me that I have to do it with him. If i do it with my fulltime employer mean that i have no help at all from this crisis and I can’t eligible to apply job seeker Or early super access either because i still working. Now I’m so stressed because my fulltime employer look at me like i’m betraying his business.

Replies 0

Hi,

My situation is slightly different from yours where my fulltime employer is not eligible for registering the Jobkeeper scheme only my casual employer does.

Nonetheless, I wish you all the best. 

Most helpful response

ATO Certified Response

Community Support

Replies 0

Good afternoon @anonymous1 and @Nipham30 

Thank you for contacting ATO Community.

Based on the JobKeeper payment information on our website, in your situation employed as a full time and long-term casual, you can’t be nominated by your casual employer, you must choose your permanent employer if they are eligible and have nominated to participate. If you’re permanent employer isn’t eligible to claim the payment, you won’t be eligible either.

Here is some information on additional support from servicesaustralia.gov.au or early access to super.

Thanks,

AngelaG