Announcements
We’re doing scheduled maintenance on ATO Community to bring you a bigger, better and brighter online community.
You may see us go into read-only mode over the weekend while we do this. Don’t worry! You’ll still be able to search the site to find your answers.

ATO Community

Multiple casual employers

Views 509

Replies 1

Hi, I was stood down from my hospitality job in March due to Covid (didn’t make the Jobkeeper eligibility by half a month). Whilst being stood down without Jobkeeper, I obtained casual employment elsewhere (a 6month contract). Currently I am working five days a week at the new job and now the Jobkeeper eligibility has been expanded and this means I am now eligible to receive Jobkeeper from my hospitality workplace. The hospitality workplace has advised me if I want to receive the Jobkeeper payments from them, I must commit to working three days a week with them (which impacts my casual employment at my new job). What is the advice/direction surrounding this situation? Is it expected that I forfeit my newly obtained employment if I wish to receive Jobkeeper? Thanks.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Most helpful response

Former Community Support

Replies 0

Thanks for posting @Caity13

Please have a read of the eligibility requirements carefully, as if you are a casual employee you must have been a long-term casual meaning you worked with the employee for at least 12 months as at 1 March 2020.

You are not expected to forfeit your newly obtained employment in order to receive JobKeeper.  However, if your employer obtaining JobKeeper requires you to work you must determine between yourselves when and for how long that will be. The best action to take is to speak with both your employers to determine your schedules.

All the best!

1 REPLY 1

Most helpful response

Former Community Support

Replies 0

Thanks for posting @Caity13

Please have a read of the eligibility requirements carefully, as if you are a casual employee you must have been a long-term casual meaning you worked with the employee for at least 12 months as at 1 March 2020.

You are not expected to forfeit your newly obtained employment in order to receive JobKeeper.  However, if your employer obtaining JobKeeper requires you to work you must determine between yourselves when and for how long that will be. The best action to take is to speak with both your employers to determine your schedules.

All the best!