Announcements
We understand 2020 has been difficult and we're here to try and make it easier during tax time. Search posts, read articles or ask a question.

ATO Community

Re: My Employer not paying me Jobkeeper top up

Highlighted

Initiate

Views 283

Replies 6

Hello There,

My employer has not paid any jobkeeper top for last 2 fortnights. When I asked them, they said that ATO has stopped paying them so they have to wait until ATO pays them to pay me the job keeper top up. Is this true? Can they wait until ATO Pays them? For my first fortnight top up they only paid me when I asked them last week. When I asked them for the balance today they said they are waiting untill ATO pays them so they dont know when it will be

Please advise what I should I do?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted

Best answer

Dynamo

Replies 2

You need to be paid at least $1,500 gross within each JobKeeper fortnightt for them to be reimbursed.

They cannot wait. They will find they will not get reimbursed for you or will have to pay back monies they receive

6 REPLIES 6
Highlighted

Best answer

Dynamo

Replies 2

You need to be paid at least $1,500 gross within each JobKeeper fortnightt for them to be reimbursed.

They cannot wait. They will find they will not get reimbursed for you or will have to pay back monies they receive

Highlighted

Initiate

Replies 1

Hello Tommy

Thank you for your response. They have added the Jobkeeper top up in my payslips and have update ATO as well (I can see it when I logged in the Mygov) but they have to paid me (Transfer the money). They are saying that they are waiting untill ATO pays them. I am concerned that they wont pay me and I will end up paying tax for what I not got paid. Smiley Sad

Highlighted

Dynamo

Replies 0

Well they are defintely not doing the right thing. They have nort paid you but giving the illusion to the tax  office that they have.

Question of how far you want to take this with Fair Work Australia and/or the tax office

Highlighted

Community Manager

Replies 2

Hi @ravwick 

@tommyqv  is correct, they are not doing the right thing. You can see on our JobKeeper key dates page when they need to pay you the money by each fortnight.

You can make a tip-off to us if your employer is not doing the right thing so we can look into it.

Thanks, Nate

Highlighted

Initiate

Replies 0

Thanks Nate.

I’ll call them on Monday and ask for it for one last time if they don’t have a proper answer I’ll definitely lodge a complaint
Highlighted

Initiate

Replies 0

I have talked with my employer yesterday but they still saying the same story. I have now lodged a tip off complain 

@NateATO Do you know how long doest it usually takes to investigate on something like this.

Thank you