Announcements
We understand 2020 has been difficult and we're here to try and make it easier during tax time. Search posts, read articles or ask a question.

ATO Community

My employer wont pay me till the ATO tells us we are eligable - jobkeeper

Highlighted

Views 196

Replies 1

My employer isn't paying any staff until the ATO tells us we are confirmed eligable. I understand my employer wont qualify for jobkeeper until they pay us, but when will the ATO confirm our company eligable? Will the ATO even contact our company to deem us eligable? 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted

Best answer

Dynamo

Replies 0

No, I believe the ATO doesn't contact your employer to inform them that they're eligible to participate in programme. Unless, your employer contacts the ATO to ask. 

You could provide your empolyer with the Job Keeper information on the ATO's website. Then your employer could make a self-assessment on whether eligible and/or seek advice form the ATO and/or an accountant. 

Ultimately, participation in the Job Keeper programme is optional. Your employer isn't required to participate in this programme, however if you're still working you're employer is still required to pay you. Go talk to the Fair Work Ombudsman if you're working for no pay. Further, your employer can't nominate some eligible employees and not other eligible employees. 

1 REPLY 1
Highlighted

Best answer

Dynamo

Replies 0

No, I believe the ATO doesn't contact your employer to inform them that they're eligible to participate in programme. Unless, your employer contacts the ATO to ask. 

You could provide your empolyer with the Job Keeper information on the ATO's website. Then your employer could make a self-assessment on whether eligible and/or seek advice form the ATO and/or an accountant. 

Ultimately, participation in the Job Keeper programme is optional. Your employer isn't required to participate in this programme, however if you're still working you're employer is still required to pay you. Go talk to the Fair Work Ombudsman if you're working for no pay. Further, your employer can't nominate some eligible employees and not other eligible employees.