Announcements
We understand that 2020 has been a difficult year but we're here to try and make it a little easier for you during tax time. You can search other people's posts, read our articles or ask your own question.

ATO Community

NO SUPPORT

Highlighted

Enthusiast

Views 179

Replies 2

What if I have more than one job?
Only one employer can claim JobKeeper on your behalf. If both your employers are eligible, you’ll need to choose which employer you want to receive payments from. If you’re a long-term casual and you have other permanent employment, you must choose your permanent employer – in this circumstance you can’t be nominated by your casual employer.

***My question is if the permanent employer is not eligible then do hard working casuals employed for more than a year with second job in order to get family needs met miss out. This is not fair.***
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted

Best answer

Community Support

Replies 1

Hi @SupportQuery 

Sorry to hear about your situation. 

Unfortunately, yes - if you are a permanent employee somewhere (full-time or part-time), you are not eligible to receive JobKeeper through your casual job. This is how things are as they currently stand, and we are still working out the finer details. Unfortunately these conditions are not ideal for everyone, and many Australians are doing it tough right now. I can tell you that our Government is certainly trying to do it's best for everyone, and hopefully as things progress more people are able to gain access to assistance.

In the meantime if you haven't already, have a look into Services Australia to see if you're eligible for any sort of payments, such as JobSeeker. 

Stay safe.

Josh

2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted

Best answer

Community Support

Replies 1

Hi @SupportQuery 

Sorry to hear about your situation. 

Unfortunately, yes - if you are a permanent employee somewhere (full-time or part-time), you are not eligible to receive JobKeeper through your casual job. This is how things are as they currently stand, and we are still working out the finer details. Unfortunately these conditions are not ideal for everyone, and many Australians are doing it tough right now. I can tell you that our Government is certainly trying to do it's best for everyone, and hopefully as things progress more people are able to gain access to assistance.

In the meantime if you haven't already, have a look into Services Australia to see if you're eligible for any sort of payments, such as JobSeeker. 

Stay safe.

Josh

Highlighted

Enthusiast

Replies 0

Hi Josh,
The Governemnet should be made aware of this situation please. We dont claim any benefits and work hard with second job to support family and we are ignored because we have a permanent job thats not eligible for job seeker . But while taxing why are we taxed on second income. Thats should be ignored as well right? Please get Government to revisit thia issue please!!