Announcements
We understand that 2020 has been a difficult year but we're here to try and make it a little easier for you during tax time. You can search other people's posts, read our articles or ask your own question.

ATO Community

Re: New Sole Trader - Missing step1 when I log into ATO onlineservices portal

Highlighted

Views 191

Replies 5

Hello,

I'm a new sole trader (setup business in mid Jan 2020, made redundant from job in April 2019) I only landed my first customer during first week of march 2020 and completed the job around 20th of March. Since then I have not had any new customers. 

Now when I try to apply for jobkeeper using ato online services (by logging into MYgov > ATO > ATO Online services) I don't see the step1 option described in the sole traders job keeper guide. https://www.ato.gov.au/general/jobkeeper-payment/In-detail/JobKeeper-guide---sole-traders/

I tried calling 132866 and spoke to a lady who said she does not know why this option is missing for me. Any advice or guidance from community members would be much appreciated. 

Thanks

Stay positive stay strong. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted

Best answer

Community Support

Replies 4

Hi @ruc-sole-T 

Thanks for the question, and I am sorry to hear you are having trouble registering.

This does sound like a situation where you will need to phone us to assist you. Our call centres are very busy at the moment, however we have extended our hours of operation and I would recommend calling outside of the core business hours.

I would suggest confirming you meet all the eligibility requirements, including holding an ABN on 12 March 2020.

Good luck with everything, SueO

5 REPLIES 5
Highlighted

Best answer

Community Support

Replies 4

Hi @ruc-sole-T 

Thanks for the question, and I am sorry to hear you are having trouble registering.

This does sound like a situation where you will need to phone us to assist you. Our call centres are very busy at the moment, however we have extended our hours of operation and I would recommend calling outside of the core business hours.

I would suggest confirming you meet all the eligibility requirements, including holding an ABN on 12 March 2020.

Good luck with everything, SueO

Highlighted

Replies 3

Hi @SueATO 

Thanks for taking the time to respond. I have been involved with setting up and running contact centres and fully understand how overhwlemed the staff must be. 

I did have an ABN (for several years) however it was deactivated last year and I reactivated it on 19 Mar 2020 when I Issued my first invoice/receipt to customer. 

Can you recommend the best phone number and department to speak to. Last week each time I called I was transferred around and never got to the right team that could help or advise next steps.

Thanks again. 

Highlighted

Community Support

Replies 2

Hi @ruc-sole-T,

Thank you for your response and apologies for the delay. If you still require assistance, the website provides information on How to enrol at step 1. There is also a JobKeeper Guide for Sole Traders with step by step instructions. If you still need to contact us please use the link and call the business or Individual queue. Most frontline staff are trained in JobKeeper.

Staff are working extended hours so you may call M-F till 8am -10pm and on the weekend 10am-4pm in your local state.

Hope this helps.

Regards,

JodieR.

Highlighted

Replies 1

thanks @Jodie2 , I created an escalation request to review this situation with ATO. Fingers crossed. 

Highlighted

Community Support

Replies 0

Hi @ruc-sole-T,

Thank you for the update. Hopefully the matter gets resolved quickly for you.

Regards,

Jodie2.