Announcements
We’re doing scheduled maintenance on ATO Community to bring you a bigger, better and brighter online community.
You may see us go into read-only mode over the weekend while we do this. Don’t worry! You’ll still be able to search the site to find your answers.

ATO Community

Nil Return BAS in SEP 2019 Due to Working on Large Project, Jobkeeper 2 Eligibility

I'm new

Views 465

Replies 1

Hi,

I have a Pty Ltd business that has been operating for 15 years and is currently registered for Jobkeeper Topup. Over the past few years, the majority of income is in the January to June period due to the work we do. 

In early 2019 we signed one of our largest contracts and issued the invoice in June 2019. We completed the work in the July to September period and received the payments in this quarter. We use the acrual method for BAS reporting. The result is that we had no sales on the September 2019 BAS.

Since COVID19 our sales have been decimated, with all contracts suspended as we can't get overseas. We have had no income for several months, including no income for July to September.

Using the Accruals method has resulted in no actual drop in income for July to September as BAS for 2019 and 2020 were both $0.

My first question is, "is there any way we qualify for Jobkeeper 2.0 from September 28th?

My second question is, "assuming the company doesn't qualify for Jobkeeper 2.0 for Oct, Nov and Dec, can it qualify for Jan, Feb and Mar if the Oct to Dec BAS shows a 30%+ decline in sales.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Most helpful response

Former Community Support

Replies 0

Hi @Mark_Landau

Employers are eligible for jobkeeper payments if all of the following apply:

On 1 March 2020 you carried on a business in Australia. You employed at least one eligible employee on March 1 2020 or 1 July 2020, depending on the fortnight being claimed. There are also rules about turnover. Currently we do not have the up to date tests for the extension to the jobkeeper payments. This information will appear on our website as soon as it  becomes available.

1 REPLY 1

Most helpful response

Former Community Support

Replies 0

Hi @Mark_Landau

Employers are eligible for jobkeeper payments if all of the following apply:

On 1 March 2020 you carried on a business in Australia. You employed at least one eligible employee on March 1 2020 or 1 July 2020, depending on the fortnight being claimed. There are also rules about turnover. Currently we do not have the up to date tests for the extension to the jobkeeper payments. This information will appear on our website as soon as it  becomes available.