ATO Community

Re: Notify eligible employee

Initiate

Views 888

Replies 5

For Jobkeeper Extionsion we are required to notify our eligible employees  what payment rate applies to them.  Can we do this via a message on their payslip?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Most helpful response

Devotee

Replies 0

Hi @KJ26 ,

I do not think it has been perscribed as to how to notify, only that there must be proof that you have notified the employee. So either a letter or message on the payslip may be acceptable.

Personally, I would send a letter to ensure it is viewed as a separate and identifable notice to the employee as payslips are not always read if there are no changes and the payment still goes to the bank.

Stay healthy

5 REPLIES 5

Devotee

Replies 4

Hi @KJ26 ,

For JobKeeper extension, the employer must notify the employee which tier applies to them within 7 days of notifying the commissioner – this is the amount of JobKeeper payment the employer will receive.

Stay healthy

Initiate

Replies 3

Thanks@Philipi 

I understand the employer needs to notify the employee regarding which tier applies to them.  I am wondering if we can advise this to the employees via a message on their payslip or if an individual letter needs to be given to them.

Most helpful response

Devotee

Replies 0

Hi @KJ26 ,

I do not think it has been perscribed as to how to notify, only that there must be proof that you have notified the employee. So either a letter or message on the payslip may be acceptable.

Personally, I would send a letter to ensure it is viewed as a separate and identifable notice to the employee as payslips are not always read if there are no changes and the payment still goes to the bank.

Stay healthy

Former Community Support

Replies 1

Hi @KJ26

@Philipi is correct. At the moment there has been nothing outlined as to specific measures that need to be taken. We recommend you keep an eye out on the JobKeeper extension announcement page as something may be announced in the near future. If you are notifying them now it is up to you how you do so, but notifying them in writing will ensure that there is evidence of notice.

All the best!

Initiate

Replies 0

@YianaATO  Thank you.

We are just trying to be organised.  Fortunately all of our employees fall under Tier 1 so makes it a bit easier to navigate everything!