Announcements
Looking for information on the JobKeeper extension? Check out our answers to common questions the community has been asking.

ATO Community

Re: Objection Process- Jobkeeper Outcome

Highlighted

Enthusiast

Views 616

Replies 4

Hi, 

I am a sole trader and had been advised that I am ineligible as I didn't have income for the last financial year as I commenced business only in Jan 2020 and had no comparison period under the general turnover test. 

I have appealed the outcome by providing evidence of income for this year and submitting an objection from. 

How long does the review process take? and what do I do if I get an outcome after the 14th of July? As it will be, past the date for declaring for June fortnights. Please advise.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted

Most helpful response

Community Support

Replies 1

Hi @vasi77 

Thanks for getting in touch with us - we understand it's a stressful time at the moment.

There is some information on our website about how we deal with objections, which gives information on timeframes etc.

If your objection is substantiated, you will be able to be backpaid, and that area will let you know what you need to do.

In the meantime, you will need to wait for them to get back to you.

Best of luck

thanks

LizdeK

4 REPLIES 4
Highlighted

Most helpful response

Community Support

Replies 1

Hi @vasi77 

Thanks for getting in touch with us - we understand it's a stressful time at the moment.

There is some information on our website about how we deal with objections, which gives information on timeframes etc.

If your objection is substantiated, you will be able to be backpaid, and that area will let you know what you need to do.

In the meantime, you will need to wait for them to get back to you.

Best of luck

thanks

LizdeK

Highlighted

Enthusiast

Replies 0

@LizdeK Thank you!

Highlighted

Initiate

Replies 1

Likewise I am also going through an objections. In doing a review (after paying FN 1 & 2) it seems that they did not consider the possibility of the alternative test being applied i.e."commenced business after the relevant comparison period (the business did not exist in that period) but not on or after 1 March 2020" as per the website, only that we did not exist last year.

Have you had an outcome yet ?

Highlighted

Replies 0

On same scinario I got email from ATO today , my case is being reviewed. I received April , and May pay but for June I was questioned on my elligibility.