ATO Community

Once approved for Job Keeper can payment be stopped before 27 September?

Devotee

Views 1250

Replies 5

Hi all,

Once we are approved an receive first payment, is there a point at which we could unqualify?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Most helpful response

Former Community Support

Replies 0

Hi @Philipi 

At this point, the answer would be no. The government hasn't said otherwise so until then, the JobKeeper payments will continue untl 27 September, 2020. There would be some circumstances that may void this though. For example, if you resign during this period and you're still receiving the payments, you must notify the ATO and the payments may stop/you may need to refund some money to them.

Hope this better answers your question.

Thanks,

Marc

5 REPLIES 5

Former Community Support

Replies 4

Hi @Philipi 

Thanks for reaching out to the Community with your question. The JobKeeper Payment will be available for the period of 30 March 2020 until 27 September 2020. 

I hope you find this information useful.

Thanks,

Marc

Devotee

Replies 1

Hi @MarcOT ,

Appreciate the response but it does not address the question. I have now clarified adding the dates it relates to.

Starting 30 March 2020 once approved for Job Keeper can payment be stopped before 27 September 2020?

Many thanks 

Most helpful response

Former Community Support

Replies 0

Hi @Philipi 

At this point, the answer would be no. The government hasn't said otherwise so until then, the JobKeeper payments will continue untl 27 September, 2020. There would be some circumstances that may void this though. For example, if you resign during this period and you're still receiving the payments, you must notify the ATO and the payments may stop/you may need to refund some money to them.

Hope this better answers your question.

Thanks,

Marc

Initiate

Replies 1

Hi, Do I need to notify the ATO to Stop after September?

Former Community Support

Replies 0

Hi @cassiasilva,

Thanks for joining in on the conversation Cass!

Are you able to give me a little more information?

• Are you an employer, employee or sole trader?
  • Do you think you will be ineligible from September and have to stop receiving payments? If so, why do you think that?

Looking forward to hearing from you Smiley Happy