Announcements
Have you sold crypto, shares or property? Our new capital gains tax guide has info about cost bases, calculations & more! Still got questions? Ask the Community!

ATO Community

Re: PAYG Cash flow boost timeline for receiving

Views 740

Replies 3

I have lodged several BAS early April and some of my clients have received their Cash boost and some have not.  They are all eligible to receive.   Is there a delay in some payments? or if they have not received by now (after over 14 days since lodgement) that there may be an issue and not receive the payments?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Most helpful response

Former Community Support

Replies 1

Hi @DB64 and @Alou20 

Thanks for contacting ATO Community.

For most businesses, the cash flow boost will automatically be credited to their account when they lodge their activity statement.

Once you lodge the ATO will calculate how much you’re entitled to and will credit the amount to your account nominated with your BAS. You will be able to see it in the statement of account once it's processed.

You can check boosting cash flow for employers on our website for what you need to know and eligibility

If you think there has been an error or are experiencing issues, you will need to phone us.

I hope this information is helpful and you all remain well during this time.

MariR

3 REPLIES 3

Replies 0

I have the same situation.  As soon as I lodged for one client, the Integrated Account showed the cash boost, there was a message on the BAS form that nil was owing for this BAS, as the account was in credit.  I have just lodged for another client, who is eligible for the cash boost.  The Integrated Account only shows the amount owing on the BAS, there is no mention of the cash boost credit.

Most helpful response

Former Community Support

Replies 1

Hi @DB64 and @Alou20 

Thanks for contacting ATO Community.

For most businesses, the cash flow boost will automatically be credited to their account when they lodge their activity statement.

Once you lodge the ATO will calculate how much you’re entitled to and will credit the amount to your account nominated with your BAS. You will be able to see it in the statement of account once it's processed.

You can check boosting cash flow for employers on our website for what you need to know and eligibility

If you think there has been an error or are experiencing issues, you will need to phone us.

I hope this information is helpful and you all remain well during this time.

MariR

Replies 0

Hi, thanks for your reply.

I ended up ringing the ATO.  I was told that because the company started paying its employee for the first time in the Jan-Mar quarter, and the ITW registration was backdated for this quarter, the boost will not be automatically applied.  This is to avoid entities artificially employing people in order to get the stimulus benefit.  Since the company that I am working for remits PAYG on a quarterly basis, I did not think it would be important to register for ITW until I was doing the quarterly BAS.  I am now providing further evidence so the ATO can review the company's eligibility for the boost.