Announcements
Worried you’re missing part of your refund? Remember, the low and middle income tax offset isn’t a refund on its own – it’s used to offset (or reduce) the amount of tax you pay. The offset amount you may be entitled to is automatically applied and could range between $255-$1080, depending on things like your taxable income and how much tax you’ve paid.
Still not sure? Ask the Community

ATO Community

Parenting payment and job seeker

Views 404

Replies 1

Hi, single parent here. Child is under 6 years.
I lost my job due to covid. Unfortunately was a casual under a year so wasn't able to get job keeper. I'm on a parenting payment. Am I also able to get job seeker? I've seen that people could get job keeper and parenting payment or will now be able to get job keeper and job seeker with the up coming reductions to payments end of September. So was wondering if I could get both parenting payment and job seeker?

https://7news.com.au/the-morning-show/how-to-maximise-your-centrelink-benefits-if-youre-an-individua...

Would appreciate any help
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Most helpful response

Former Community Support

Replies 0

Hi @Emma7,

Thank you for getting in touch.

Your question is probably better suited for Services Australia as they are responsible for providing both the JobSeeker and Parenting payments.

However, from my understanding you are not able to claim both JobSeeker and Parenting payment at the same time as they are both income support payments. The news article you are referring to mentions that due to the reduction in JobKeeper payment from September some people may be eligible to claim both JobKeeper and JobSeeker however the JobKeeper may affect the JobSeeker payment they receive based on there income.

Hope this helps,

JacquelineATO

1 REPLY 1

Most helpful response

Former Community Support

Replies 0

Hi @Emma7,

Thank you for getting in touch.

Your question is probably better suited for Services Australia as they are responsible for providing both the JobSeeker and Parenting payments.

However, from my understanding you are not able to claim both JobSeeker and Parenting payment at the same time as they are both income support payments. The news article you are referring to mentions that due to the reduction in JobKeeper payment from September some people may be eligible to claim both JobKeeper and JobSeeker however the JobKeeper may affect the JobSeeker payment they receive based on there income.

Hope this helps,

JacquelineATO