Announcements
Are you a tax professional needing a bit more time to lodge? Check out how to apply online for a deferral, or ask the Community!

ATO Community

Re: Partnership also employee

Initiate

Views 537

Replies 1

I have paid my long term casual jobkeeper
As we and she fits eligibility
But she is a partner on a farm with her husband I’m not sure how it’s structured (not an employee and there not claiming jobkeeper
Does that make her ineligible?
Or are we correct in paying it to her as she is our employee
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Most helpful response

Former Community Support

Replies 0

Hi @PWHair,

Thanks for reaching out.

Only one claim for JobKeeper can be made per person.

If your employee is in a separate joint business, only one person can qualify in that business as a business owner for JobKeeper.

As your employee is likely considered an eligible business participant, they cannot be an employee (other than a casual employee) of another entity. You will need to check with the employee that they are not receiving JobKeeper from the other entity.

You can find more information about the JobKeeper payment on our website.

I hope this helps.

1 REPLY 1

Most helpful response

Former Community Support

Replies 0

Hi @PWHair,

Thanks for reaching out.

Only one claim for JobKeeper can be made per person.

If your employee is in a separate joint business, only one person can qualify in that business as a business owner for JobKeeper.

As your employee is likely considered an eligible business participant, they cannot be an employee (other than a casual employee) of another entity. You will need to check with the employee that they are not receiving JobKeeper from the other entity.

You can find more information about the JobKeeper payment on our website.

I hope this helps.