Announcements
We understand 2020 has been difficult and we're here to try and make it easier during tax time. Search posts, read articles or ask a question.

ATO Community

Partnership

Highlighted

Views 201

Replies 4

I am one of two partners in a retail business which is eligible for JobKeeper. I am the eligible business participant for the business. We have two casual employees, but neither are qualified for JobKeeper, so we are registered for the eligible business participant only.

As well as our partnership, my business partner is a sole trader in a separate business, also eligible for JobKeeper, and is claiming JobKeeper as the eligible business participant for that entity.

As the only member of our partnership able to be the eligible business participant, am I entitled to retain 100% of the JobKeeper benefit?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted

Best answer

Community Support

Replies 2

Hi @SM487086 ,

Thanks for reaching out, I am sorry to hear about your business situation.

The payment is made to the entity for the eligible business participant, and unlike employees there are no requirements for the entity in relation to the distribution of the JobKeeper payment. The money could be distributed as per normal business practices, or stay in the business.

I hope this information helps you, SueO

4 REPLIES 4
Highlighted

Dynamo

Replies 0

The general principal behind JK is that no individual can benefit twice. So your partner can't claim a share of your JK as they are getting JK via their spoke trader. So yes, you are entitled to the full JK amount
Highlighted

Best answer

Community Support

Replies 2

Hi @SM487086 ,

Thanks for reaching out, I am sorry to hear about your business situation.

The payment is made to the entity for the eligible business participant, and unlike employees there are no requirements for the entity in relation to the distribution of the JobKeeper payment. The money could be distributed as per normal business practices, or stay in the business.

I hope this information helps you, SueO

Highlighted

Replies 0

Thank you for the clear explanation.

Highlighted

Replies 0

Is this answer ATO Certified?