Announcements
We’re doing scheduled maintenance on ATO Community to bring you a bigger, better and brighter online community.
You may see us go into read-only mode over the weekend while we do this. Don’t worry! You’ll still be able to search the site to find your answers.

ATO Community

Payment for JobKeeper under STP and pay dates vs pay periods

Initiate

Views 514

Replies 1

If my understanding is correct, regardless of whether or not the employer reports using STP, the employer must meet the general JobKeeper rules and must pay each eligible employee a minimum of $1500 before tax for each JobKeeper FN they claim for and the payment must be made on or before the end of that JobKeeper fortnight with the exception of monthly pays and extensions given for payment of FN01 and FN02.

For example, my employer made payment for the pay period ending 28/03 (before JobKeeper FN01) on the 2/04 and insists that this payment is "for JobKeeper" under STP as the pay date falls within JobKeeper FN01.

I understand how the reporting process works but it seems that reporting with STP makes employers look eligible for JobKeeper when they have not actually paid the eligible employee the full $1,500 amount required for the JobKeeper FN.

Can someone please clarify, when reporting to the ATO using STP the employer must still meet the general criteria of paying the employee the min $1,500 before tax for the JobKeeper fortnight and that payment for periods before 30/03 are not included as payment for JobKeeper even if that is how the employer is directed to report when using STP to the ATO?
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Most helpful response

Devotee

Replies 0

You might be interested in a similar conversation happening over here: Employer claimed March

1 REPLY 1

Most helpful response

Devotee

Replies 0

You might be interested in a similar conversation happening over here: Employer claimed March