Announcements
Are you a tax professional needing a bit more time to lodge? Check out how to apply online for a deferral, or ask the Community!

ATO Community

Payroll payment monthly

Views 379

Replies 1

I have registered for, qualify etc for jobkeeper for my single employee. I usually pay end of each month. I paid Aprils wages on 27 April, but I paid Mays wages on 31 May. Does this mean I have totally stuff it all up and because I didn't pay by the 4th fortnight cutoff period of 24 May I have disqualified for jobkeeper?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Most helpful response

Former Community Support

Replies 0

Hi @Valenka,

Thank you for reaching out to the community.

If you usually pay your employees monthly, the payment can be allocated between fortnights in a reasonable manner. Please see paying your eligible employees for further information.

31 May 2020 was the final date to enrol for JobKeeper and identify employees to claim for wages paid for JobKeeper fortnights in April and May. As long as you completed steps 1 and 2 by this date, and completed Step 3: Make a business monthly declaration by the 14th of June you will be able to claim for the JobKeeper fortnights in April and May. Please see JobKeeper Key Dates for reference.

All the best,

Dejan

1 REPLY 1

Most helpful response

Former Community Support

Replies 0

Hi @Valenka,

Thank you for reaching out to the community.

If you usually pay your employees monthly, the payment can be allocated between fortnights in a reasonable manner. Please see paying your eligible employees for further information.

31 May 2020 was the final date to enrol for JobKeeper and identify employees to claim for wages paid for JobKeeper fortnights in April and May. As long as you completed steps 1 and 2 by this date, and completed Step 3: Make a business monthly declaration by the 14th of June you will be able to claim for the JobKeeper fortnights in April and May. Please see JobKeeper Key Dates for reference.

All the best,

Dejan