Announcements
We understand that 2020 has been a difficult year but we're here to try and make it a little easier for you during tax time. You can search other people's posts, read our articles or ask your own question.

ATO Community

Permanent Visa (SC 190) granted after March 1 2020

Highlighted

I'm new

Views 184

Replies 1

Hello,
Just wondering if I was an eligible employee for job keeper payment through my employer as I was granted a permanent Resident visa on 12th March 2020.
I got few mixed information.
Your guidance is highly appreciated.
Thanks
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted

Best answer

Community Support

Replies 0

Hi @Bishalp 

The eligibility criteria for an employee states the employee must be an Australian citizen, the holder of a permanent visa (such as Subclass 190), or a Special Category (Subclass 444) Visa Holder as at 1 March 2020.

Employee test requirements set out the two tests, which must be satisfied to be eligible:

• the 1 March 2020 test and
  • the JobKeeper fortnight test.

Since you were granted your permanent visa after 1 March 2020, our support for employees page may have other options that may be available to you.

1 REPLY 1
Highlighted

Best answer

Community Support

Replies 0

Hi @Bishalp 

The eligibility criteria for an employee states the employee must be an Australian citizen, the holder of a permanent visa (such as Subclass 190), or a Special Category (Subclass 444) Visa Holder as at 1 March 2020.

Employee test requirements set out the two tests, which must be satisfied to be eligible:

• the 1 March 2020 test and
  • the JobKeeper fortnight test.

Since you were granted your permanent visa after 1 March 2020, our support for employees page may have other options that may be available to you.