Announcements
Have you sold crypto, shares or property? Our new capital gains tax guide has info about cost bases, calculations & more! Still got questions? Ask the Community!

ATO Community

Re: Problem with Early release due to 'Potential Breach' of my ATO file

I'm new

Views 659

Replies 1

Hi,

Lodged my Early Release of Super due to Covid application on the 1st of July, recieved approval on the 3rd July.

Contacted my Super Fund for an ETA and to my surprise they have advised that the ATO has sent them a stop payment.  They have advised me to call ATO directly.

Upon contacting the ATO, i have been advised that the stop was due a potential security breach of my ATO file. They have verified my details but are unable to tell me what the breach was.  They have lodged an escalation to thier security team and advised to wait 5 working days for the ATO to advise my fund to release my super.

Has this happend to anyone else? Will i be stuck in the dreaded 'escalation' stage?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Most helpful response

Champion

Replies 0

@morningstvr100 WOW I haven't seen any other posts about it. How great they picked it up- imagine how long it would take to get your money if someone else had accessed it. 

1 REPLY 1

Most helpful response

Champion

Replies 0

@morningstvr100 WOW I haven't seen any other posts about it. How great they picked it up- imagine how long it would take to get your money if someone else had accessed it.