Announcements
Looking for information on the JobKeeper extension? Check out our answers to common questions the community has been asking.

ATO Community

Re: Projected turnover - Jobkeeper - how do i complete this?

Highlighted

Views 171

Replies 2

Hi!

I've been completing my Jobkeeper monthly report, and now I'm scared that I was doing everything wrong. Smiley Sad

I work as a translator in a Tour company, after the Covid19 travel ban, I lost all my jobs - all my translations were cancelled, since mid-March. My income since then has been ZERO. As I know as a fact that I will not have jobs without tourists, is my projected turnover ZERO as well? or should I put the amount of money that I was earning last year to compare? 

Thanks!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted

Most helpful response

Community Support

Replies 0

Hi @CarlaPj 

Entities should make a genuine effort to calculate and report current and projected GST turnover.
Your projected GST turnover is a point-in-time test and needs to be a reasonable assessment of what was likely at the time you calculated the test. If, at a later stage, it eventuates that your actual turnover for your test period is greater than your prediction of your projected turnover, you do not lose access to JobKeeper. We will accept your assessment of these turnovers unless we have reason to believe that your calculation of your projected GST turnover was not reasonable.
If there is a significant difference between your projected turnover and what eventuates, we may need to assess whether your assessment was reasonable, so you need to keep good records of your calculations.

Please see our JobKeeper guides for more information.

All the best.

2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted

Master

Replies 0

You put the amount you think you will earn. If it is zero, then you put zero. If you think it will be $100, then you put 100.

You do NOT put previous amounts you earned

Highlighted

Most helpful response

Community Support

Replies 0

Hi @CarlaPj 

Entities should make a genuine effort to calculate and report current and projected GST turnover.
Your projected GST turnover is a point-in-time test and needs to be a reasonable assessment of what was likely at the time you calculated the test. If, at a later stage, it eventuates that your actual turnover for your test period is greater than your prediction of your projected turnover, you do not lose access to JobKeeper. We will accept your assessment of these turnovers unless we have reason to believe that your calculation of your projected GST turnover was not reasonable.
If there is a significant difference between your projected turnover and what eventuates, we may need to assess whether your assessment was reasonable, so you need to keep good records of your calculations.

Please see our JobKeeper guides for more information.

All the best.