Announcements
Looking for information on the JobKeeper extension? Check out our answers to common questions the community has been asking.

ATO Community

Qualifying for Job Keeper

Highlighted

I'm new

Views 202

Replies 2

My employer has already qualified for the Job Keeper payments in April, May and June however, they keep claiming that they are unsure whether they will qualify for next months payments, which in their eyes means all payments will cease and I will no longer receive the job keeper payments but return to my regular wage.

From my understanding they only have to qualify once, so what they are saying doesn't make sense to me. I have brought it up with them to discuss how I've interpreted that they only need to qualify once and they told me I was wrong.

I am unsure whether I have interpreted something wrong but my boyfriend's employer said they only have to qualify once which has further confused me as to why my employer is adamant they need to qualify each month.

Am I wrong or are they wrong? I do not want to be jipped of any money that I rightfully should be paid.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted

Most helpful response

Community Support

Replies 0

Hi @Leya,

Thanks for reaching out to ATO Community. We understand this is a difficult time.

Your employer only needs to satisfy the decline in turnover test once to be entitled to JobKeeper. For example, satisfying it for March 2020 (compared in March 2019) is sufficient, even if your business recovers to previous levels after this.

There is further information regarding turnover on our website.

All the best and I hope this helps.

2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted

Champion

Replies 0

Your employer only needs to met the income test once then they are in JobKeeper until the end of September. When they lodge a monthly claim they need to report their actual monthly turnover and a projection for the next. This is not a new income test.

Highlighted

Most helpful response

Community Support

Replies 0

Hi @Leya,

Thanks for reaching out to ATO Community. We understand this is a difficult time.

Your employer only needs to satisfy the decline in turnover test once to be entitled to JobKeeper. For example, satisfying it for March 2020 (compared in March 2019) is sufficient, even if your business recovers to previous levels after this.

There is further information regarding turnover on our website.

All the best and I hope this helps.