Announcements
On 21 July the government announced proposed changes to the JobKeeper program. These changes don’t affect Jobkeeper payments until after 28 September 2020.

ATO Community

Re: COVID-19 support - JobKeeper payment

Highlighted

Views 85

Replies 1

My business has only been registered since November 2019, first revenue March 2020, with a contract running since then. As a direct impact from COVID-19, the project I was working on has been scaled back and my business' contract will not be renewed.

As we were pre-revenue in 2019, what options do do I have to meet the eligibility for JobKeeper since I cannot show a drop in revenue from the corresponding month in 2019?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted

Best answer

Community Support

Replies 0

Hi @sslinky,

Thanks for reaching out to ATO Community.

If your business meets all the eligible business participant and eligible business entity requirements as outlined on our website, you can claim the JobKeeper Payment.

As your business started in November 2019, you will need to use the alternative test to determine a fall in turnover on our website.

There is further information in the JobKeeper guides and on our website.

All the best and I hope this helps.

1 REPLY 1
Highlighted

Best answer

Community Support

Replies 0

Hi @sslinky,

Thanks for reaching out to ATO Community.

If your business meets all the eligible business participant and eligible business entity requirements as outlined on our website, you can claim the JobKeeper Payment.

As your business started in November 2019, you will need to use the alternative test to determine a fall in turnover on our website.

There is further information in the JobKeeper guides and on our website.

All the best and I hope this helps.