Announcements
Have you sold crypto, shares or property? Our new capital gains tax guide has info about cost bases, calculations & more! Still got questions? Ask the Community!

ATO Community

Re: COVID-19 support - JobKeeper payment

Views 985

Replies 1

Hi, I am a casual of 6 years with the company and work on a per job basis, sometimes one a week, sometime 8 a week and sometimes none a week. My employer says I am not able to get the JobKeeper payment and that they have on money to pay me. What can I do

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Most helpful response

Community Manager

Replies 0

Hi @Jennyrogers 

To be eligible for the JobKeeper you need to have worked for the same employer for 12 months on a regular and systematic basis. This is what Fair work says:
Where there is no clear pattern or roster, evidence of regular and systematic employment can be established where:

• the employer offered suitable work when it was available at times that the employee had generally made themselves available, and
  • work was offered and accepted regularly enough that it could no longer be regarded as occasional or irregular.

If you disagree with your employer's decision you might find the JobKeeper disputes page helpful. If you are unable to reach a resolution with your employer then you may be eligible for the JobSeeker payment with Services Australia.

All the best, Nate

1 REPLY 1

Most helpful response

Community Manager

Replies 0

Hi @Jennyrogers 

To be eligible for the JobKeeper you need to have worked for the same employer for 12 months on a regular and systematic basis. This is what Fair work says:
Where there is no clear pattern or roster, evidence of regular and systematic employment can be established where:

• the employer offered suitable work when it was available at times that the employee had generally made themselves available, and
  • work was offered and accepted regularly enough that it could no longer be regarded as occasional or irregular.

If you disagree with your employer's decision you might find the JobKeeper disputes page helpful. If you are unable to reach a resolution with your employer then you may be eligible for the JobSeeker payment with Services Australia.

All the best, Nate