Announcements
Have you sold crypto, shares or property? Our new capital gains tax guide has info about cost bases, calculations & more! Still got questions? Ask the Community!

ATO Community

Re: Receive new JK 2.0 rules as soon as they are released

Devotee

Views 2392

Replies 13

There have been a lot of questions about the new JK 2.0 (jobkeeper from October and beyond).

To make sure you get the updates as soon as the new rules are released (so you don't miss ou), you can sign up to the ATO's newsletter with this link https://www.ato.gov.au/Newsroom/smallbusiness/Subscriptions/

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Most helpful response

Former Community Support

Replies 2

Thanks for sharing @KatieAcacia 

To anyone landing on this thread, on 21 July the government announced that the JobKeeper Payment will be extended for six months until 28 March 2021. If you’re currently receiving JobKeeper payments, there’s nothing you need to change right now. Changes to eligibility requirements and payment rates will apply from 28 September 2020.

Registrations are still open so if you think your business may be eligible, take some time to review the eligibility criteria and if eligible, enrol in the program to start receiving payments.

For more information about the proposed changes, visit the Treasury website and read JobKeeper extension

13 REPLIES 13

Devotee

Replies 0

@KatieAcacia thank you that is a great idea. I also read the information on the Treasury website which was interesting.

https://treasury.gov.au/coronavirus/jobkeeper/extension

Most helpful response

Former Community Support

Replies 2

Thanks for sharing @KatieAcacia 

To anyone landing on this thread, on 21 July the government announced that the JobKeeper Payment will be extended for six months until 28 March 2021. If you’re currently receiving JobKeeper payments, there’s nothing you need to change right now. Changes to eligibility requirements and payment rates will apply from 28 September 2020.

Registrations are still open so if you think your business may be eligible, take some time to review the eligibility criteria and if eligible, enrol in the program to start receiving payments.

For more information about the proposed changes, visit the Treasury website and read JobKeeper extension

I'm new

Replies 0

I note that the test for eligibiliy from September 28 onwards says that a continuing decline in turnover test in both quarters for June 2020 and September 2020 is required.

What if June 2019 quarter showed $Nil turnover for whatever reason (such as sick, extended leave or perhaps a quieter period and not completing works (and getting paid) until the next quarter but not syclical) and June 2020 was $Nil - does this constitute a drop in turnover or are there exemptions?

If for example June 2019 was $nil turnover and September 2019 was $60,000 turnover, this amounts to $60,000 cumulative. If June 2020 turnover was $nil and September 2020 turnover is, say $30,000 this will amount to a cumulative reduction in turnover of 50%.

Or will there be an alternative test similar to that in the original jobkeeper that you need to demonstrate a reduction for the previous 12 months and take an average?

Replies 0

What about new company without last year's figure.

My business was incoporated on July 2019 and commence trading from  23 Sep 2019.

How to compare the loss?

Devotee

Replies 7

Great to see two ATO officers taking the initiative to moonlight as non-ATO contributors to provide support to the community.

@NicolaATO  By the way what happened to ATO staff having to identify themselves even when they were making contributions to this forum during their own time ???

Former Community Support

Replies 6

Hi @dirk ATO Community staff can be identified through their names and avatars. We ask ATO staff answering in their own time to add a note to their signature.

Devotee

Replies 5

@NicolaATO   then those that may be moonlighting should do it and clearly identify themselves as per what u stated  .... if I believe I can pick it then others will pick it as well ..... its just too obvious to myself ..

My opinion is that the ATO always selects their answers as correct and gives them positive comments and they in turn support the ATO posts.  This if correct just makes a mockery of every other non-ATO contributors answers.

As you will see from the comments of other true non-ATO contributors, they actually agree with me ...

Community Manager

Replies 4

Hi @dirk
As @NicolaATO  has said, you can identify our ATO team by their name and avatars. This is an anonymous forum and we take our job seriously in maintaining confidentiality for our users. These people are not part of our team and I ask you not to challenge them as they have a right to not identify themselves. We really value all of our contributors, including you, so please keep up the helpful advice. I can also say that @KatieAcacia  provides excellent answers and we love reading her posts Smiley Happy
If there is a post or response that you feel is against our terms of service, please report it and we will get a moderator to look into it.

Devotee

Replies 3

@Belinda_ATO 

Did not say they are part of your team, and if you read my comments Im not talking about your team members at all whom I agree are clearly identifiable ....   Iam clearly talking about others that are not clearly identifiable as part of the ATO but display attributes that I beleive makes them sound as if the are ATO officers  ...

Futhermore, I never asked for anyone to be identified by anything other than if they were ATO officers,..

I certainly did not ask for any personal information about anyone so stop trying to make it sound as though I have, because I too beleive that everyone here has a right to remain anonymous ..  

Also if they are not ATO officers then why are they still classified as "Dynamos" after all the accepted solutions they have .. would it possibly be that if and only if they are ATO officers and they are made "devotees" then someone would start to question why they are spending so much time on here when they should be working???      makes some of us wonder what is going ...

If I have it wrong then Im wrong ... but ... 

I have a right just like everyone else to express my honest opinion on this forum ...