Announcements
On 21 July the government announced proposed changes to the JobKeeper program. These changes don’t affect Jobkeeper payments until after 28 September 2020.

ATO Community

Re: Received JobKeeper payment from Casual Job, but recently offered a Full Time Position

Highlighted

Initiate

Views 235

Replies 4

Hi,

I'm asking on behalf of my friend.

He currently received JobKeeper payment from his Casual Job (already in the company > 1 year), but recently received a full time position offer from other company.

Question:

1. If he accept the full time position from the other company, will he still eligible for JobKeeper payment from his current Casual-job company?

2. And what is the process from question 1 above?

Thanks.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted

Best answer

Community Support

Replies 3

Hi @lucky57,

Thanks for reaching out to ATO Community.

The Knowledge Base JobKeeper article provides a lot of information including an answer to having multiple jobs :

What if I have multiple jobs?

You can only receive the payment from one employer. Here are some different scenarios:

1. Long-term casual and permanent job: In this situation, you can’t be nominated by your casual employer, you must choose your permanent employer. If you’re permanent employer isn’t eligible to claim the payment, you won’t be eligible either.
  2. Fixed-term contract and long-term casual: if you're a fixed term contractor at 1 March and also a long-term casual, you can only choose to nominate through your fixed-term contract employer, not your casual employer. If the fixed-term contract is renewed before 27 September 2020, you will continue to be eligible for JobKeeper Payment under that employer. If you fixed-term contract isn’t renewed before 27 September 2020, you will likely cease being eligible for the JobKeeper Payment.
  3. Two long-term casual jobs or two permanent jobs: If you receive nominations from both employers, you can choose the one you want to get the payment from.
  4. Long-term casual who gets an additional permanent part-time job after 1 March 2020: If you were a long-term casual on 1 March 2020 and you later get an additional permanent job, you can still claim JobKeeper through your casual employer. You are allowed to earn additional income while you are on JobKeeper as long as you maintain your employment relationship with your JobKeeper-eligible employer.

See this thread: JobKeeper – Multiple employers

All the best and I hope this helps.

4 REPLIES 4
Highlighted

Best answer

Community Support

Replies 3

Hi @lucky57,

Thanks for reaching out to ATO Community.

The Knowledge Base JobKeeper article provides a lot of information including an answer to having multiple jobs :

What if I have multiple jobs?

You can only receive the payment from one employer. Here are some different scenarios:

1. Long-term casual and permanent job: In this situation, you can’t be nominated by your casual employer, you must choose your permanent employer. If you’re permanent employer isn’t eligible to claim the payment, you won’t be eligible either.
  2. Fixed-term contract and long-term casual: if you're a fixed term contractor at 1 March and also a long-term casual, you can only choose to nominate through your fixed-term contract employer, not your casual employer. If the fixed-term contract is renewed before 27 September 2020, you will continue to be eligible for JobKeeper Payment under that employer. If you fixed-term contract isn’t renewed before 27 September 2020, you will likely cease being eligible for the JobKeeper Payment.
  3. Two long-term casual jobs or two permanent jobs: If you receive nominations from both employers, you can choose the one you want to get the payment from.
  4. Long-term casual who gets an additional permanent part-time job after 1 March 2020: If you were a long-term casual on 1 March 2020 and you later get an additional permanent job, you can still claim JobKeeper through your casual employer. You are allowed to earn additional income while you are on JobKeeper as long as you maintain your employment relationship with your JobKeeper-eligible employer.

See this thread: JobKeeper – Multiple employers

All the best and I hope this helps.

Highlighted

Initiate

Replies 2

Thanks @JodyB

Based on the that information, does it mean my friend will fall on

Which means, he will still receive JobKeeper payment in the future (until end of September 2020) from his old employer (as long-term casual) and also working full-time permanently in the new place (if he accepted this full time job & start on 1-June-2020 (which is after 1-Mar-20)) and receive salary from his new employer, as well?

Thank you so much for the information.

Highlighted

Community Support

Replies 1

Hi @lucky57

With what you have provided us, yes he will still get JobKeeper payments from his casual employer and can not change to receive Job Keeper from his permanent employer. You can only receive the payment from one employer.

There is nothing further he'll need to do.

For further information about the JobKeeper Payment for employees with multiple employers, have a look at our website.

We hope you found this information helpful. Good luck with it all.

MariR

Highlighted

Initiate

Replies 0

Thank you @MariR and @JodyB 

Yes, this information is very helpful.

I fully understand now.

Thanks again.