Announcements
We’re in read-only mode while we do some scheduled maintenance to bring you a bigger, better and brighter online community.
You can still search the site to find answers or take a look at our current top 10 questions.

ATO Community

Resigning from Employer (JobKeeper)

I'm new

Views 1055

Replies 3

I am planning to resign from the employer who is currently providing me with JobKeeper payments, no later than mid June. Will I run into trouble regarding this, due to the payments that I am currently recieving? Will I need to repay the money they paid me? The resignation was planned long before everything went south with COVID-19, due to the completion of my studies. Just want to know if it's worth me trying to opt out of the JobKeeper payments now, in order to lessen any complications. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Most helpful response

Devotee

Replies 2

You need to tell your employer the dates you are resigning so they do not claim for those payments for you for those fortnights.
3 REPLIES 3

Most helpful response

Devotee

Replies 2

You need to tell your employer the dates you are resigning so they do not claim for those payments for you for those fortnights.

I'm new

Replies 1

Is that all? No repayments on the pay they've already given me? 

Former Community Support

Replies 0

Hi @ecp1991,

Thanks for reaching out and apologies for the delay.

You must inform your employer when you are no longer going to be entitled to the JobKeeper payment.

Fair Work has provided additional guidance on employee and employer obligations – see JobKeeper changes to the Fair Work Act.

I hope this helps.