Announcements
Have you sold crypto, shares or property? Our new capital gains tax guide has info about cost bases, calculations & more! Still got questions? Ask the Community!

ATO Community

Re: SICKNESS

Views 742

Replies 3

My partner has recently Fallen pregnent. She can not go work at the moment because of sickness. I have two questions?

1) are we eleigible to get any payment once her annual leave/sick leave will run out.

2) If she does get any payment (job keeper), would that effect paid parental leave programme?

Thank you 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Most helpful response

Former Community Support

Replies 2

Hello @SouravKumar 

Your partner should speak with her employer to find out if they have enrolled in the Jobkeeper program. If they have enrolled and are paying eligible employees jobkeeper payments your partner should confirm her own eligibility for jobkeeper, by reading the Jobkeeper eligibility requirements .  

If you aren’t eligible to be paid JobKeeper payments by your employer, you may be able to apply for support through Services Australia depending on your personal circumstances.

Note that you cannot receive paid parental leave and Jobkeeper payments at the same time.

Congratulations and good luck with the baby

PBlizz

3 REPLIES 3

Most helpful response

Former Community Support

Replies 2

Hello @SouravKumar 

Your partner should speak with her employer to find out if they have enrolled in the Jobkeeper program. If they have enrolled and are paying eligible employees jobkeeper payments your partner should confirm her own eligibility for jobkeeper, by reading the Jobkeeper eligibility requirements .  

If you aren’t eligible to be paid JobKeeper payments by your employer, you may be able to apply for support through Services Australia depending on your personal circumstances.

Note that you cannot receive paid parental leave and Jobkeeper payments at the same time.

Congratulations and good luck with the baby

PBlizz

Replies 1

Thank you very much for quick response. 

Her employer is not eligible for job keeper. 

my question was, She still is still working with same employer from last 4 years continuesly and at the moment she can not work because of health reasons as she is pregnent (Illness) and doctor has advised her to do complete rest. I am wondering if she can still get job seeker Payment, i think we are eligible for it. 

If she get paid job seeker payment, will she still get paid parental leave? 

Thank you and looking forward to hear from you. 

Former Community Support

Replies 0

Hi @SouravKumar

You will need to get in touch with Services Australia to check whether your partner will be eligible for Job Seeker, or some other payment from them.

If you are talking about paid parental leave from her employer, then she should check with them whether she will receive it - if there is any issue with that, you should contact Fair Work to see what her employer should be paying her.

Best of luck

thanks

LizdeK