Announcements
Worried you’re missing part of your refund? Remember, the low and middle income tax offset isn’t a refund on its own – it’s used to offset (or reduce) the amount of tax you pay. The offset amount you may be entitled to is automatically applied and could range between $255-$1080, depending on things like your taxable income and how much tax you’ve paid.
Still not sure? Ask the Community

ATO Community

Should the jobkeeper payments be reported on BAS item T1 PAYG instalment income?

Initiate

Views 1468

Replies 2

Jobkeeper payments eligible businesses have received are assessble income. But I don't think they are ordinary income earned from business and investment activities. So should they be excluded from T1?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Most helpful response

Devotee

Replies 1

Jobkeeper payments received by business are BAS excluded taxable income i.e not included in BAS but included in annual tax return as assessable income

2 REPLIES 2

Most helpful response

Devotee

Replies 1

Jobkeeper payments received by business are BAS excluded taxable income i.e not included in BAS but included in annual tax return as assessable income

Community Moderator

Replies 0

@SM2304 @AliceYi 

Thought I would add some information that might be helpful. You do need to include the amount if you have an active PAYG instalments role.