Announcements
Looking for information on the JobKeeper extension? Watch the video in our latest news article.

ATO Community

Sole Trader JobKeeper with a new casual position

Highlighted

Observer

Views 229

Replies 2

Hi there,
As a sole trader, I have been receiving JobKeeper since the first payment.
Due to boredom more than anything else, I have been looking at taking up a casual position. Will this affect my JobKeeper eligibility? I understand that if I had a long-term casual position, then it would be fine alongside my sole trader JobKeeper, but I am unsure about a new casual job.
Thank you
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted

Most helpful response

Community Support

Replies 0

Hi @OptomSoleTrader 

Thanks for getting in touch with us, and welcome to ATO Community.

Your JobKeeper eligibility won't be affected by getting the new position - check out this thread from a previous question on Community, and also our Q&A about JobKeeper for sole traders.

Hope that helps

thanks

LizdeK

2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted

Champion

Replies 0

Hi, see below...

Question: I have been stood down and my employer is claiming JobKeeper payments for me. Can I earn income from another job while my employer gets JobKeeper payments for me and continues to pay me?

Answer: You can earn additional income without your eligibility being affected as long as you maintain your employment (including while being stood down) with your JobKeeper-eligible employer.

Highlighted

Most helpful response

Community Support

Replies 0

Hi @OptomSoleTrader 

Thanks for getting in touch with us, and welcome to ATO Community.

Your JobKeeper eligibility won't be affected by getting the new position - check out this thread from a previous question on Community, and also our Q&A about JobKeeper for sole traders.

Hope that helps

thanks

LizdeK