Announcements
Worried you’re missing part of your refund? Remember, the low and middle income tax offset isn’t a refund on its own – it’s used to offset (or reduce) the amount of tax you pay. The offset amount you may be entitled to is automatically applied and could range between $255-$1080, depending on things like your taxable income and how much tax you’ve paid.
Still not sure? Ask the Community

ATO Community

Sole Trader Jobkeeper question

Views 313

Replies 1

Hello, long post so please be patient with me. I am so stressed at the moment and I am looking for advice. I set up my business last year and just when I was ready to launch, the bushfires hit my area and I put everthing on hold. I gained employment in a local job and quit in March due to personal reasons. I had some casual work for a few months while rebuilding the structure and content of my business. I then offically launched in July 2020 and within a few days of launching, the local border crossing restrcitions came in place which stopped half of the clients accessing my service. I only have two active clients and I was wondering  - can I access jobkeeper? Since launching in July, the border restricitons have had a huge impact on people not wanting a service as they do not want to cross the border but I cannot prove this. All I have had is phone calls stating the clients want to wait until the restricitons change. 

Please help, I don't know how to prove the impact on my business when I only started in July but I live on a border town.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Most helpful response

Devotee

Replies 0

Unfortunately Jobkeeper is not an option at all for you so look at Services Australia for other options

1 REPLY 1

Most helpful response

Devotee

Replies 0

Unfortunately Jobkeeper is not an option at all for you so look at Services Australia for other options