Announcements
We understand that 2020 has been a difficult year but we're here to try and make it a little easier for you during tax time. You can search other people's posts, read our articles or ask your own question.

ATO Community

Sole Trader Payment not yet received?

Highlighted

Views 209

Replies 3

Seems like I'm definitely not the only person experiencing this but I am still yet to get any solid information as to why. 

I am a sole trader and am yet to receive any payment from the Jobkeeper program. 
Yes I have completed all required steps on the ATO site (Steps 1, 2, & 3. All have a tick next to them and have been successfully completed)
Its confusing when there is no confirmation provided saying the application had been approved and no insight into when the payment can be expected (outside of 'starting May 1) Well it's well past May 1 and the first week of May and I haven't gotten anything.
I spoke to someone at Centrelink who confirmed that I was successfully enrolled and that my payment was being processed on Tuesday night so I should get it by Wednesday. 
I never got it. I'll be calling them back if I still don't have it tomorrow, but has any sole traders on here gotten theirs yet & does anyone know why it's taking so long and why its so hard to find any info on it?

Appreciate any help

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted

Best answer

Initiate

Replies 0

Hi,

I am in a similar position. Enrolled first week of May, 3 ticks etc but no payment as yet.

I have been trying to be patient and not take up additional resources but this morning after still no payment, I decided to give the ATO a call. They were able to confirm my sole trader application was submitted and has been processed and was just waiting on the release of funds to my nominated bank account (which I confirmed was correct while on the phone). I was advised to wait up to another 4 business days for funds to arrive.

The wait time on the phone was less than 5mins and the staff very helpful so it could be worth a call, if anything else for a bit of piece of mind.
3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted

Best answer

Initiate

Replies 0

Hi,

I am in a similar position. Enrolled first week of May, 3 ticks etc but no payment as yet.

I have been trying to be patient and not take up additional resources but this morning after still no payment, I decided to give the ATO a call. They were able to confirm my sole trader application was submitted and has been processed and was just waiting on the release of funds to my nominated bank account (which I confirmed was correct while on the phone). I was advised to wait up to another 4 business days for funds to arrive.

The wait time on the phone was less than 5mins and the staff very helpful so it could be worth a call, if anything else for a bit of piece of mind.
Highlighted

Replies 1

Solved - receive payment overnight Finally!! Had to call centrelink where they said mine was stuck and they pushed it through for me. 

Highlighted

Initiate

Replies 0

That’s great news! I’m still waiting. Did they advise why it was “stuck”? I’ve not dealt with Centrelink before so haven’t thought to call them.