Announcements
Looking for information on the JobKeeper extension? Check out our answers to common questions the community has been asking.

ATO Community

Sole Trader - When Will Job Keeper Come Through?

Highlighted

Initiate

Views 340

Replies 4

I'm a sole trader with no employees who has registered for Job Keeper, my turnover for April was $0 which is a definite above 30% decrease, and I have a tick next to each of my sections in the ATO portal.

My question is when and how I'm likely to know if I have been approved, and when the payments for F1 and F2 for April will come through? Obviously as a sole trader I'm not able to pay myself money to then be reimbursed, so this income will be a huge deal. Do the ticks next to the sections mean I'm approved? The information says 'first week in May' and we're almost at the end of that week, will the money come through tomorrow?

Any insight would be appreciated. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted

Most helpful response

Community Support

Replies 2

Hi @samnerida 

We do understand this is a difficult time, and appreciate you reaching out to us.

Payments have started being deposited, and we are doing our best to ensure this money is paid to those eligible as quickly as possible. We do expect all payments for the first two fortnights to be paid by 15 May 2020.

If you have not received payment by then you may need to phone us. Our call centres are very busy at the moment, however we have extended our hours of operation and I would recommend calling outside of the core business hours.

Wishing you all the best and hope your payment arrives soon, SueO

4 REPLIES 4
Highlighted

Most helpful response

Community Support

Replies 2

Hi @samnerida 

We do understand this is a difficult time, and appreciate you reaching out to us.

Payments have started being deposited, and we are doing our best to ensure this money is paid to those eligible as quickly as possible. We do expect all payments for the first two fortnights to be paid by 15 May 2020.

If you have not received payment by then you may need to phone us. Our call centres are very busy at the moment, however we have extended our hours of operation and I would recommend calling outside of the core business hours.

Wishing you all the best and hope your payment arrives soon, SueO

Highlighted

Initiate

Replies 0

Hi Sue, thanks for responding! That's good to know.

My more pressing question though is the matter of whether or how I can know if I am actually approved. If I know I'm approved then I'm fine to wait for the money to come in, but my main question is how I'm able to know whether I have been approved?

Highlighted

Community Support

Replies 0

Hi @samnerida,

Thank you for your response and apologies for the delay. Hopefully you have received your payment. If you still require information there are Key dates on the website in relation to JobKeeper.

If you have not received payment by now you may need to contact us. Staff are working extended hours so you may call M-F till 8am -10pm and on the weekend 10am-4pm in your local state. 

Hope this helps.

Regards

Jodie2.

Highlighted

Replies 0

Have you received payment yet?