Announcements
Read our answers to common questions about JobKeeper, Early release of super and Cash flow boost.

ATO Community

Sole Trader less than 12 months

Highlighted

Views 304

Replies 3

Hi - in 2019 I was PAYG, from Jan 2020 I have been a Sole Trader
I have a contract for 30 hours a week, due to COVID-19 I have been asked to reduce to 20 hours per week for April & May and then review
What evidence can I provide to be eligible for the Job Keeper Payment?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted

Best answer

Devotee

Replies 2

When this proposal passes legislation you will know the full details of what is needed. You should register your interest in the payment and they will keep you updated. Follow the details in this link to register https://community.ato.gov.au/t5/Tax/COVID-19-support-jobkeeper-payment/ta-p/40276?utm_source=ato-com...
3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted

Best answer

Devotee

Replies 2

When this proposal passes legislation you will know the full details of what is needed. You should register your interest in the payment and they will keep you updated. Follow the details in this link to register https://community.ato.gov.au/t5/Tax/COVID-19-support-jobkeeper-payment/ta-p/40276?utm_source=ato-com...
Highlighted

Replies 1

Fair point... as at the moment, it does appear I do not qualify

Highlighted

ATO Certified

Community Support

Replies 0

Hi @Gavin4214,

Thank you for your question, and we know there is a lot of information around at the moment and understand there are many different situations.

As advised by @wonka5 JobKeeper legislation is still being discussed in Parliament. As soon as the legislation passes, we will be able to provide further information.

The information at present is that self-employed individuals who as at 1 March 2020 can register their interest for JobKeeper Payments. To register your interest for the payment and receive updates, please visit the JobKeeper payment page on our website. You do not need to phone us we will contact you by sms or email.

The treasury website contains additional information, factsheets and a FAQ section which provide more information.

I hope this helps, SueO