Announcements
Looking for information on the JobKeeper extension? Watch the video in our latest news article.

ATO Community

Re: Sole trader 2019 reduced hours (baby)

Highlighted

Views 233

Replies 3

Hello,
I am a sole trader & have received Job Keeper since fortnight 1.
I have my own business in beauty therapy which was forced to close March 28th (I closed earlier) & was only allowed to open June 8th.
I have been sorting through paperwork & have realized that all though I was not working at all since 19th March, in the first 2 weeks of lockdown a few great clients purchased gift certificates to support & I have realized that this actually pushed me out of the 30% loss to the comparative fortnight in 2019.
In 2019 I was doing a smalllllll amount of hours due to having a baby & initially stupidly thought well those small amount of income in 2019 will bring me into the eligibility due to the 100% loss of income now but the gift vouchers have messed me up.
The second fortnight is definitely a 30% loss as it for sure was 100% loss but QUESTION!
Do I pay back that first fortnight somehow?
Thanks, Alix
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted

Most helpful response

Community Support

Replies 2

Hi @Ali4,

If you believe you received a payment you were not entitled to you will need to contact us so that we can arrange for you to pay back the incorrect amount.

All the best!

3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted

Most helpful response

Community Support

Replies 2

Hi @Ali4,

If you believe you received a payment you were not entitled to you will need to contact us so that we can arrange for you to pay back the incorrect amount.

All the best!

Highlighted

Replies 1

Thank you @YianaATO
I have actually since realized after typing this out in a panic that I am ok & actually still under the 30% as I calculated last year wrong PHEW! But I do need to call & update my earnings in the first few fortnights declared in Job Keeper.
Thanks
Highlighted

Community Support

Replies 0

Hi @Ali4,

Thank you for the update. We hope you and your family are keeping safe and well during these trying times.

Regards,

Jodie2.