Announcements
We understand that 2020 has been a difficult year but we're here to try and make it a little easier for you during tax time. You can search other people's posts, read our articles or ask your own question.

ATO Community

Sole trader JobKeeper eligibility

Highlighted

Views 173

Replies 1

I am finding it difficult to determine whether I am eligible for JobKeeper. I have an ABN as a sole trader. I was earning income as a sole trader until August 2019. From August 2019 until March 2020 I started a new job as an employee and did not earn income as a sole trader. I resigned from my employee position in March 2020 and am currently unemployed. I am not eligible for JobSeeker.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted

Best answer

Master

Replies 0

You might be able to show a decline in turnover using the alternative turnover test if:

• the entity has a large irregular variance in their turnover for the quarters ending in the 12 months before the applicable turnover test period, excluding entities that have cyclical or regular seasonal variance in their turnover, or
  • the entity is a sole trader or small partnership where sickness, injury or leave have impacted an individual’s ability to work which has affected turnover
1 REPLY 1
Highlighted

Best answer

Master

Replies 0

You might be able to show a decline in turnover using the alternative turnover test if:

• the entity has a large irregular variance in their turnover for the quarters ending in the 12 months before the applicable turnover test period, excluding entities that have cyclical or regular seasonal variance in their turnover, or
  • the entity is a sole trader or small partnership where sickness, injury or leave have impacted an individual’s ability to work which has affected turnover