Announcements
Are you a tax professional needing a bit more time to lodge? Check out how to apply online for a deferral, or ask the Community!

ATO Community

Re: Sole trader receiving JK, appointed to permanent position

Initiate

Views 332

Replies 1

Hi there, I thought I knew the answer but now am not sure. A sole trader was eligible for the JK Scheme. 

In August, they were appointed permanently to a role in a company, where they had been contracting under their ABN.  Does their eligibilty for the scheme cease upon permanent appointment to that role? I had thought so but just read another question and response on this forum which indicates otherwise and now I am confused.  Thanks very much, Mel 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Most helpful response

ATO Community Support

Replies 0

Hi @MelB

A sole trader can gain permanent employment after they became eligible for the JobKeeper scheme. However, they need to remain actively engaged in their Sole Trader business to continue receiving payments. They will need to self-assess being actively engaged.

Ari

1 REPLY 1

Most helpful response

ATO Community Support

Replies 0

Hi @MelB

A sole trader can gain permanent employment after they became eligible for the JobKeeper scheme. However, they need to remain actively engaged in their Sole Trader business to continue receiving payments. They will need to self-assess being actively engaged.

Ari