ATO Community

Stood Down going to Jobkeeper

Views 784

Replies 3

My daughter was stood down from her job/apprentiship in March. The employer has contacted her last week saying they're looking at job keeper to start next week. We have a suspicion that they've claimed it earlier for the other employees but not my daughter.
They now want her back (full time) at work and working off the Jobkeeper payment, plus not reinstating her apprentiship.
I feel like they're taking advantage of her cheap wage.
Can she choose to decline the Jobkeeper and still keep her job?
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Most helpful response

Former Community Support

Replies 2

Hello @Rina82 

Thank you for taking the time to post your question here, in regards to your daughters employer possibly claiming jobkeeper for some of thier employees earlier than for your daughter I do not believe this is possible.  

If the employer chooses to particiapte in JobKeeper, they must offer this to all eligible employees.

Below is a quote from the Explanatory Statement that accompanies the Job Keeper rules.

"Once an employer decides to participate in the JobKeeper scheme and their eligible

employees have agreed to be nominated by the employer, the employer must ensure

that all of these eligible employees are covered by their participation in the scheme.

This includes all eligible employees who are undertaking work for the employer or

have been stood down. The employer cannot select which eligible employees will

participate in the scheme. This ‘one in, all in’ rule is a key feature of the scheme."

In relation to your daughter not being rehired on the same apprenticeship conditions, than I suggest that you need to read this information from Jobkeeper and Fair Work Australia and get into contact with Fair work to discuss.

PBlizz

3 REPLIES 3

Most helpful response

Former Community Support

Replies 2

Hello @Rina82 

Thank you for taking the time to post your question here, in regards to your daughters employer possibly claiming jobkeeper for some of thier employees earlier than for your daughter I do not believe this is possible.  

If the employer chooses to particiapte in JobKeeper, they must offer this to all eligible employees.

Below is a quote from the Explanatory Statement that accompanies the Job Keeper rules.

"Once an employer decides to participate in the JobKeeper scheme and their eligible

employees have agreed to be nominated by the employer, the employer must ensure

that all of these eligible employees are covered by their participation in the scheme.

This includes all eligible employees who are undertaking work for the employer or

have been stood down. The employer cannot select which eligible employees will

participate in the scheme. This ‘one in, all in’ rule is a key feature of the scheme."

In relation to your daughter not being rehired on the same apprenticeship conditions, than I suggest that you need to read this information from Jobkeeper and Fair Work Australia and get into contact with Fair work to discuss.

PBlizz

Replies 1

Hi PBlizz,
How do they police to make sure ALL employees are getting the Jobkeeper as my daughter was the only one stood down?
Rina82

Former Community Support

Replies 0

Hi @Rina82

Sorry for the delay in responding, and thanks for your patience.

If you (or your daughter in this case) believe that an employer is doing the wrong thing, please go to our tip off page and provide more detailed information to us.

Hope that helps

Best of luck

LizdeK