Announcements
We’re doing scheduled maintenance on ATO Community to bring you a bigger, better and brighter online community.
You may see us go into read-only mode over the weekend while we do this. Don’t worry! You’ll still be able to search the site to find your answers.

ATO Community

Super annuation early release WH 462

Views 646

Replies 1

Hello! I was wondering if I am eligible for the early release of the superannuation. I was working in Australia until the 3rd of February, my visa (WH 462) finished the 18th of February, I apply for another year of visa and it has been granted. Because of the COVID situation I wasn't able to go back to Australia and I'm struggling with money. So my question is, even if I'm abroad and I have a granted visa for another year, can I apply for the early release of my superannuation?
Thanks!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Most helpful response

Former Community Support

Replies 0

HI @florvignaroli 

Thanks for contacting ATO Community.

It’s a really difficult time for many, so hopefully this information will be able to assist you.

Depending on your personal circumstances, to be eligible for early release of superannuation

You must be an Australian and New Zealand citizens and permanent residents are able to apply to access up to:

• $10,000 of their super until 30 June 2020
    • a further $10,000 from 1 July 2020 until 24 September 2020.

For more general information you can look at our webpage: Support for individuals and employees, which may be able to help you further.

I really hope this information helps you and you remain safe and well during this difficult time.

MariR

1 REPLY 1

Most helpful response

Former Community Support

Replies 0

HI @florvignaroli 

Thanks for contacting ATO Community.

It’s a really difficult time for many, so hopefully this information will be able to assist you.

Depending on your personal circumstances, to be eligible for early release of superannuation

You must be an Australian and New Zealand citizens and permanent residents are able to apply to access up to:

• $10,000 of their super until 30 June 2020
    • a further $10,000 from 1 July 2020 until 24 September 2020.

For more general information you can look at our webpage: Support for individuals and employees, which may be able to help you further.

I really hope this information helps you and you remain safe and well during this difficult time.

MariR