ATO Community

Super release 20% reduced hours

I'm new

Views 451

Replies 1

Just wanted to get clarity on 20% reduction in hours 

my employer closed their shop front for over a months that i work in. I continued to get my salary however I was not working from home during this time, so my work hours reduced more than 20% even though I was still getting paid 

would I be eligible for super release?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Most helpful response

Former Community Support

Replies 0

Hi @johnfitz,

Based on what you have told us, it would appear you will not be eligible to apply for COVID-19 early release of superannuation,

As you will see at the top of the page I have linked you to, only “Individuals financially affected by COVID-19 can access some of their superannuation early”, and given you were still getting your salary (even though the business was closed), proving financial difficulty may be an issue for you. If you feel there are other financial considerations that you have not already mentioned here in this post that may make you eligible, you can post again with that information for further advice.

AlBar

1 REPLY 1

Most helpful response

Former Community Support

Replies 0

Hi @johnfitz,

Based on what you have told us, it would appear you will not be eligible to apply for COVID-19 early release of superannuation,

As you will see at the top of the page I have linked you to, only “Individuals financially affected by COVID-19 can access some of their superannuation early”, and given you were still getting your salary (even though the business was closed), proving financial difficulty may be an issue for you. If you feel there are other financial considerations that you have not already mentioned here in this post that may make you eligible, you can post again with that information for further advice.

AlBar