Announcements
Looking for information on the JobKeeper extension? Watch the video in our latest news article.

ATO Community

Super

Highlighted

Initiate

Views 586

Replies 7

I got a proved from ATO for early release super, however it took ages and so I called the super fund and they said it has been closed. Mygov has not updated their website and so the old super was still showing. I called ATO and advised them to amend my application and to withdraw it out from another super account. An active one. How long will this process take?
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted

Most helpful response

Community Support

Replies 6

Hi @Winz 

Assuming your amended application was finalised and approved whilst you were on the phone with the ATO, your super fund should make the payment to you within the next 5 working days, unless they need to undertake further checks. 

We suggest you check with your super fund that you applied in your amended application for early release of super. 

Hope this information helps and you receive your super soon.

7 REPLIES 7
Highlighted

Most helpful response

Community Support

Replies 6

Hi @Winz 

Assuming your amended application was finalised and approved whilst you were on the phone with the ATO, your super fund should make the payment to you within the next 5 working days, unless they need to undertake further checks. 

We suggest you check with your super fund that you applied in your amended application for early release of super. 

Hope this information helps and you receive your super soon.

Highlighted

Initiate

Replies 2

Don’t hold your breath I had a similar problem and I’m still waiting for them to call me back FIVE WEEKS LATER 🤬🤬🤬 I have already called them back 4 times and given them all the details and just keep getting told by the call centre they are escalating it to the appropriate department! You can’t seem to get past the call centre to speak to ‘that department’ People will be getting there second lot before I’ve even got mine!
Highlighted

Initiate

Replies 1

Hi Sue,

You are right.. I called ATO 3 weeks ago to amend my super details... i called yesterday and they havent even processed it. the customer service said its just sitting there and no body has actioned it. now i have to wait an extrea 28 days.. so much for govenment help and support. 

Highlighted

Initiate

Replies 0

Hi Winz
I’m so sorry for you as well, it is just ridiculous isn’t it! They need to get it together and clearly if the can’t sort people problems out after 5 weeks go by there needs to be extra staff allocated to this Department. My fix would literally take someone two **bleep** minutes to fix.
Well I hear the PM has announced millions to Go towards mental health due to covid, but I probably wouldn’t even get a look in there either! They are pushing people to the brink I tell you.
Highlighted

Initiate

Replies 2

You can’t ‘amend’ anything when you call you only get the call centre staff they only pass The information on to another department who you have to wait to call you back and take my word they are in NO HURRY to call back even though my last phone call to ATO I was told this Department are supposed to reply within 28 days at most and I’m still waiting and Im over it!!
Highlighted

Community Support

Replies 1

Hi @Sue64,

Thank you for your reply. I'm sorry to hear you are experiencing delays receiving your super payment. Did anyone advise what the hold up was. On our forum some people are waiting because they are with AMP, apparently they have changed quite a few things within the fund which is causing delays.  

If it is some other reason and you are not satisfied with the process or the progress of it, you can lodge a complaint. There is further information online. 

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Jodie2.  

Highlighted

Initiate

Replies 0

Hi Jodie2
The only reason they keep giving me is the large number of people who need to have errors fixed. I have given them everything they require to make the amendment, I have contacted my super to make sure it’s all good from their end, which it is, so the only thing the ATO has to do is enter the information and it will go through. So for my issue, which is a very simple fix, not to be resolved by now means they haven’t even got through the first 5 days worth of issues. And this I believe is completely unacceptable, after all the initial error was not really my fault and the reason I am applying for my early release is due to the fact that I am unemployed and am not eligible for ANY govt. support so my sister has had to come to my rescue to pay my bills and living expenses. Which now means a large chunk of that money is going to have to go to her when I EVENTUALLY get it. I AM at my wits end about the whole thing and ready to completely give in