Announcements
We understand 2020 has been difficult and we're here to try and make it easier during tax time. Search posts, read articles or ask a question.

ATO Community

Re: Super

Highlighted

Views 137

Replies 3

I am currently stood down and not working any hours .I am on a tax file number not ABN .
I receive the job keeper payment.
Should I still receive super contributions?
Thanks
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted

Best answer

Devotee

Replies 2

Super is paid on "ordinary time earnings" - basically ordinary hours worked. If stood down you are not working, therefore I would think there would be no super payable.

3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted

Best answer

Devotee

Replies 2

Super is paid on "ordinary time earnings" - basically ordinary hours worked. If stood down you are not working, therefore I would think there would be no super payable.

Highlighted

Replies 1

Thanks for the reply
I have been on to the ATO 4 seperate times now and fully explained my situation, every time they have assured me that I am definitely entitled to receive super contributions from my employee , even if stood down .
Then I read it differently on line it’s so confusing and frustrating.
Surely it can’t be that hard to get a Yes or No answer .
Highlighted

Community Support

Replies 0

Hi @Squid007,

Thank you for your reply. If you are receiving Jobkeeper (JK) after being stood down then you are not working any regular hours. In relation to Super Guarantee (SG) on JK, the Employer needs to pay super based on hours worked, not on JK.

If an employee is working 50hrs p/fnght and being paid $1000 for hours worked, then the employer would have to pay $1500 p/fnght for JK. The employer would only pay SG for the hours worked - $1000, not on the extra $500 JK.

In your situation you have 0 hours worked and are receiving the full $1500 JK as a top up payment. Therefore SG is not payable on the amount whilst you are stood down. If you resume working hours then the working hours will be looked at for SG.

You can use the link provided for further assistance. 

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Jodie2. .