Announcements
We’re doing scheduled maintenance on ATO Community to bring you a bigger, better and brighter online community.
You may see us go into read-only mode over the weekend while we do this. Don’t worry! You’ll still be able to search the site to find your answers.

ATO Community

Superannuation delayed for 2 months

Views 487

Replies 1

Hi guys,

I have studied and stayed here for the last 3 years and had to apply for super due to a recent job loss. I applied for super on 22nd of April and I havent' received it until now. Everytime I call them , they say the matter is being escalated and its been going on for the last 2 months. How long it is gonna take until the matter is resolved?

If I am not wrong, the deadline for temporary resident to apply super is 30th of June. This situation is been stressing me out as I need those money to cover my expenses.

Since calling them doesnt do any progress,please let me know if there is anything I should do.

Thanks for your time in advance.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Most helpful response

Former Community Support

Replies 0

Hi @Myra,

Thanks for reaching out.

As long as you applied for the early release of super prior to 30 June, it will not impact your application if you receive the amount after 30 June, even as a temporary resident.

If you have not received any information from the ATO about your application such as a letter of approval or rejection to your myGov Inbox, you will need to contact us to check the progress.

If you have received information from the ATO about your application such as a letter of approval or rejection to your myGov Inbox, if approved your super fund will make the payment to you. If you received a letter of approval to your myGov Inbox and you have not yet received the amount, you will need to contact your super fund.

There is information about COVID-19 early release of super – integrity and compliance (including withdrawing and recontributing your super) on our website.

I hope this helps.

1 REPLY 1

Most helpful response

Former Community Support

Replies 0

Hi @Myra,

Thanks for reaching out.

As long as you applied for the early release of super prior to 30 June, it will not impact your application if you receive the amount after 30 June, even as a temporary resident.

If you have not received any information from the ATO about your application such as a letter of approval or rejection to your myGov Inbox, you will need to contact us to check the progress.

If you have received information from the ATO about your application such as a letter of approval or rejection to your myGov Inbox, if approved your super fund will make the payment to you. If you received a letter of approval to your myGov Inbox and you have not yet received the amount, you will need to contact your super fund.

There is information about COVID-19 early release of super – integrity and compliance (including withdrawing and recontributing your super) on our website.

I hope this helps.