Announcements
We understand 2020 has been difficult and we're here to try and make it easier during tax time. Search posts, read articles or ask a question.

ATO Community

Support workers

Highlighted

Views 167

Replies 1

As a support worker for people with disablities - I rely on these participants to use their NDIS plans to pay irregular payments for my services. NDIS gives them the choice to pay me via an agency (organisation) or directly (I am also a sole trader with own ABN). My background for COVID-19 Jobkeeper elibigity "question mark" are:

a) such bookings vary from one to another month. 
b) some months I don't get anything via my sole trader ABN, but earn casual shifts via a new agency. You could say that I'm not actively engaged running my sole trader business during these months.

c) That agency started hiring me and others as casuals this financial year - so we were NOT listed as employees at March 2019. That agency is ineligible to apply for Jobkeeper payments for me and other affected casuals.
d) My sole trader business is open for a few years, but most months I don't get hired directly.
e) My taxable income dropped more than 40% when including both my agency earnings AND my sole trader earnings at March 2019 vs March 2020.

----
Does this qualify me for Jobkeeper payment? Can I legally apply for this as a sole trader?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted

Best answer

Community Support

Replies 0

Good morning @disabledsupport 

To be eligible you will need to meet the eligible criteria requirements.

Thanks,

AngelaG

1 REPLY 1
Highlighted

Best answer

Community Support

Replies 0

Good morning @disabledsupport 

To be eligible you will need to meet the eligible criteria requirements.

Thanks,

AngelaG