Announcements
Looking for information on the JobKeeper extension? Watch the video in our latest news article.

ATO Community

Switching Job Keeper entitlement from one employee to another

Highlighted

Views 918

Replies 2

Hi, I am currently working for two employers, both on a permanent part-time basis. the employment relationship with both of them has been in place since Jan 2019. Employer A is currently claiming the Job Keeper Payment for me. However, I've decided to quit that job and keep my job with employer B. Question - Can my employer B claim the jobkeeper payment for me once I terminate with employer A? Thanks!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted

Most helpful response

Devotee Registered Tax Practitioner

Replies 0

https://www.ato.gov.au/General/JobKeeper-Payment/In-detail/Employees--frequently-asked-JobKeeper-que...

says

Nominations and eligible employees – more than one employer

Question: I am an employee of more than one employer. Can I change the employer who receives the payment for me?

Answer: No – once you have agreed to be nominated by one of your eligible employers and completed the Employee nomination notice, you cannot change the employer who is claiming JobKeeper payments for you. If you have an employer you are permanently employed with you cannot nominate your casual employer.

>>I dont believe the previous response from the ATO is consistent with the ATO website

2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted

Most helpful response

Devotee Registered Tax Practitioner

Replies 0

https://www.ato.gov.au/General/JobKeeper-Payment/In-detail/Employees--frequently-asked-JobKeeper-que...

says

Nominations and eligible employees – more than one employer

Question: I am an employee of more than one employer. Can I change the employer who receives the payment for me?

Answer: No – once you have agreed to be nominated by one of your eligible employers and completed the Employee nomination notice, you cannot change the employer who is claiming JobKeeper payments for you. If you have an employer you are permanently employed with you cannot nominate your casual employer.

>>I dont believe the previous response from the ATO is consistent with the ATO website

Highlighted

Community Manager

Replies 0

Thanks for letting us know @Matthew-at-ICB, we have removed our previous post to avoid future confusion.