Announcements
The JobKeeper Payment scheme finished on 28 March 2021. Find out what this means for your business.

ATO Community

Re: Termination

Views 759

Replies 3

if someone was terminated, are they able to claim jobkeeper payment?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Most helpful response

Devotee

Replies 2

@jojo123 

If you were stood down after 1 March 2020, your employer will be able to claim the JobKeeper payment on your behalf if you both meet the eligibility criteria including that your employer starts paying you a minimum of $1,500 (before tax) per fortnight.

If you were terminated after 1 March 2020, your employer may choose to re-engage you and claim the JobKeeper payment on your behalf if you both meet the eligibility criteria.

If you have taken up other work after being stood down, you may earn additional income without your eligible employer’s JobKeeper payment being affected. As long as you are eligible and maintain your employment (including being stood down) with your JobKeeper-eligible employer (including receiving $1,500 (before tax) per fortnight from them). However, you can only nominate one employer to receive the JobKeeper payment from.

You will find this information here https://www.ato.gov.au/general/jobkeeper-payment/employees/eligible-employees/#Employeeswhowerestood...

Please note this is my personal view; I’m an ATO employee who chooses to help out here in my own time
3 REPLIES 3

Most helpful response

Devotee

Replies 2

@jojo123 

If you were stood down after 1 March 2020, your employer will be able to claim the JobKeeper payment on your behalf if you both meet the eligibility criteria including that your employer starts paying you a minimum of $1,500 (before tax) per fortnight.

If you were terminated after 1 March 2020, your employer may choose to re-engage you and claim the JobKeeper payment on your behalf if you both meet the eligibility criteria.

If you have taken up other work after being stood down, you may earn additional income without your eligible employer’s JobKeeper payment being affected. As long as you are eligible and maintain your employment (including being stood down) with your JobKeeper-eligible employer (including receiving $1,500 (before tax) per fortnight from them). However, you can only nominate one employer to receive the JobKeeper payment from.

You will find this information here https://www.ato.gov.au/general/jobkeeper-payment/employees/eligible-employees/#Employeeswhowerestood...

Please note this is my personal view; I’m an ATO employee who chooses to help out here in my own time

Replies 1

Thanks. My employer would contribute on my behalf ONLY if i step foot in and work standard hours, given random tasks.  Is this right? 

Community Moderator

Replies 0

Hi @jojo123 

That would be a question for Fair work Australia.

KylieS